Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Entry 2: Summer Women's Book Club

So, Denise and I met for lunch at the end of last week as planned.  KFC/Tace Bell.  I couldn't eat meat (Friday during Lent) and don't know why I agreed to eat there!  I had a meatless burrito and a corn on the cob.  After eating, we looked at the draft of the flyer I had made for our book club.  It helped us make some decisions.  First, I need to draw a few pictures on it (maybe a woman reading a book, an open book, a coffee cup).  We decided we won't say where we are meeting directly until we know who will be involved, but we are going to start by alternating between our two houses.  We will meet on the first and third Sundays of each month starting in June from 3:00 to 4:30 pm.  Our first book will probably be Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert.  I have read it once, and there is certainly plenty in it to create discussion.  We are going to send this flyer out to our email/facebook contacts in early April and see who responds.  If that is a bust, we're going to hang flyers at the library and Barnes & Noble (maybe my church) in early May.  Denise is hoping for an even number of participants, say six or eight. 
Denise told me this weekend that she asked her mom if she was interested in being part of our book club; her mom told her no because she thinks it will never actually happen.  She told Denise we'll never get anyone to do this.  Nice, huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment